Things to do in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Embark on a journey to the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an archipelago where emerald waters meet pristine shores. This guide highlights the best “things to do in Andaman and Nicobar,” a paradise for beach lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike. Dive into the world-class underwater experiences at Havelock Island, trek through the lush rainforests of Baratang, and uncover the rich history of Port Blair. These islands promise a blend of exhilarating adventures and serene beach-side bliss.
Places to visit in the Andaman Islands
Andaman tourism has more to the popular sightseeing places. Include these activities among other Andaman & Nicobar visiting places –
1. Scuba diving in Andaman & Nicobar is one of the must-do things. You can get a short lesson from local diving schools and explore underwater life.
2. Also, try snorkeling. Easier and quicker than scuba, snorkeling gives you a peek into the corals and other marine life, varieties of fishes, and plants under the clear surface of the water.
3. Enjoy a ride on the dolphin glass-bottom boat. The dolphin-shaped carrier glides over the waves giving you a view underneath.
4. Try mangrove kayaking on Havelock Island sail through dense forests of mangroves and spot exotic birds and rare plants.
5. Cellular Jail – Also known as Kala Pani, this historical prison is located in Port Blair. It was constructed by the British army to exile political prisoners after the revolt of 1857. You can explore the memorial museum housing photographs, memorabilia, and statues of freedom fighters. The premises also host a light and sound show.
6. North Bay Island – This is a scenic island off Port Blair, known for beautiful coral reefs and water sports. Try snorkeling, scuba diving, glass boat rides, sea walking, etc. You have to take a ferry to reach the island.
7. Chidiya Tapu – Also known as “Bird Island”, this is a picturesque location, sitting 25 km from Port Blair. Along with bird watching, you can also do pearl hunting, boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc. The island is also famous for its unforgettable sunset and sunrise views.
8. Baratang Island – Located 100 km away from Port Blair by road, this remote island is well-known for its dense mangrove forests, limestone caves, and mud volcanoes, the only ones found in India.
9. Corbyn’s Cove – Dotted with coconut groves and beach shacks, this luxuriant cove is the most unspoiled one of all Port Blair beaches.
10. Radhanagar Beach – With crystal blue water and soft white sands, it is considered to be Asia’s Best Beach.
11. Kalapathar Beach – An isolated beach with rocky shores and white sands, on Havelock Island, this is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet time.
12. Bharatpur Beach – This clear-water beach is known for its rich coral beds and exotic marine flora and fauna.
13. Laxman Beach – A beautiful, C-shaped beach, this is located a 5-minute walk from Campbell Bay town. You can take a boat ride to a small islet nearby.
14. The Barren Island, off the city of Port Blair, is the only active volcano found in all of South Asia.
15. Bengali is the most widely spoken language in the entire region, followed by Tamil, Telegu, Malayalam, and Hindi. The local traders also use Andaman Creole Hindi – a blend of Hindustani, Bengali, and Tamil.
16. Mount Harriet National Park – Of all nine national parks in Andaman and Nicobar, Mount Harriet is the most popular and most easily accessible. It’s located in Ferrargunj district, off Port Blair city, and boasts the third highest peak of the territory. The vast natural enclave is home to many rare and endangered species of birds and animals.
Since you are on track to plan an Andaman holiday, then you are up for an experience of a lifetime. The gorgeous landscape of this 572-island archipelago is a living mystery, and you will never be tired of exploring it.
The first sight of this island will be enough to keep you astonished, and the excitement that follows will make you want to do everything:
- Indulge in snorkeling to see the exquisite marine life and rarest corals at North Bay Island or Elephant Beach at Havelock Island.
- Visit Bioluminescence at Havelock Island, where water glows as you row your boat through them.
- You can go scuba diving to discover colorful corals and enchanting water life or experience a glass-bottom boat ride that gives you a good view of the corals beneath.
- Visit the Cellular Jail and other tourist places and experience the cruise dinner.
Places to visit at Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands have a wide variety of tourist attractions satisfying the wanderlust in you. Some popular places that you should visit here are as follows:
- You can go to major islands like Havelock Island (Swaraj Dweep), Neil Island (Shaheed Dweep), Port Blair, Smith Island, etc.
- You can also head over to tourist spots like Cellular Jail National Memorial, Samudrika Marine Museum, Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex in Port Blair, etc.
- Head over to Radhanagar Beach on Havelock Island, Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, an active volcano at Barren Island, Chidiya Tapu Beach, etc.
Your things to do in Andaman list will find no stopping when your wanderlust soul meets the sunny skies, golden beaches, turquoise waters, and untouched environs. It certainly would not be wrong to call Andaman the ultimate, perfect go-to destination that attracts travelers from across the globe with its beauty of the archipelago of 572 islands.
There are adventure sports, water activities, activities for nature lovers, sightseeing spots and so much more to do that you will require at least 10 days to live life fullest on this island. Getting to this destination is not very difficult. If you choose to fly, Deboard at Vir Savarkar Airport in Port Blair is the nearest airport. And if you choose to cruise on a ship, Alight at Haddo Wharf Port in Port Blair is where you need to head.
There are regular shipping services available from Chennai, Kolkata, and Vizag for visitors. The first sight of this island will be enough to keep you astonished and the excitement that follows will make you want to do everything. You can go snorkeling to see the exquisite marine life and rarest corals at North Bay Island or Elephant Beach at Havelock Island, or you can witness Bioluminescence at Havelock Island where water glows as you row your boat through them.
You can go scuba diving to discover colorful corals and enchanting water life or experience a glass-bottom boat ride that gives you a good view of the corals beneath.
Moreover, as Andaman has a myriad of beaches and tourist attractions spread across the various islands, there is a lot to see here. So you can put on some sunscreen and head out to explore the best of the island.
You can tour major islands like Havelock Island, Neil Island, Port Blair, and Ross & Smith Island and visit other popular spots in Andaman such as Cellular Jail National Memorial, Samudrika Marine Museum, Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex in Port Blair; Radhanagar Beach on Havelock Island; Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park; mud volcanoes of Baratang, active volcano at Barren Island; and Chidiya Tapu.
If you need any clarification about your Andaman Islands holiday tour package trip, please feel free to call us. We’re happy to answer any of your questions. Contact us details: 9434282041 / 9933204095.